Community Recycling Education Initiative
With the initiative we hope to:
1. Educate our community about what and where to recycle, while also encouraging reusing and reducing.
2. Create partnerships with the Cambridge Library, CES, CMS, CHS, CHS Eco Club, the Wellness Collaborative, Lee Recreation, Piggly Wiggly, and the Chamber of Commerce.
3. Produce at least a two part speaker series that highlights recycling information and one that focuses on Reducing and Reusing.
4. Produce informational posters/brochures to give to community that has information about what they can recycle and where.
5. Encourage local businesses to provide recycling bins with good signage.
6. Provide recycling bins at community parks and on Main Street with good signage.
7. F2S support a recycling program at the MS and Charter school as well as continue supporting the recycling programs (Eco Club) at HS and CES.
8. Provide the support in 2020 for the Green Team and HS ECO club to present a fun and educational presentation during assemblies for Earth Week at all the schools.
9. Create awareness that plastics #2-4 can be recycled at the Piggly Wiggly as well as add signage and another bin. Possibly create an additional drop-off at the Library.
10. Promote marker, battery, and light bulb recycling at the Library as well as provide the information where to take other misc items.
11. Find funding for needed recycling bins, literature, and signage.
12. Have all the educational information available on the F2S website
13. Continue to find ways to eliminate waste in the community and schools. This would include replacing milk coolers with milk dispensers in the schools. This would eliminate the thousands and thousands of milk cartons used each week.
14. Work to become a Plastic bag free community.